Saturday, November 5, 2011

California/Disneyland, 2011 - Day 1

I still cant believe that we actually did it, but we did!  Right after Labor Day weekend, we packed up and headed down to California.  We pretended that we were a family of 3 again and left Cooper behind.  We were so lucky to have Grandma and Papa watch him for us... seriously, don't know how we would get by without them!!!!
We flew down on Tuesday (9/6/11) and came back on Saturday (9/10/11).  I'm going to break this blog post up into days of the trip since we did so much and have so many pictures.
Flying down was a great time!  I was a little nervous to see how Hailey would do on the plane, but she LOVED it!  Everything about it... she loved.  We have quite the little traveler on our hands :)  We flew into Long Beach, CA airport around noon, hopped on our shuttle and off to our hotel we went!  We stayed at Tropicana Inn and Suites.  Definitely nothing fancy, but it was right across the street from the main entrance to Disneyland, and that's what mattered to us!  When we got there it was HOT.. and when I say "HOT" I really mean boiling.  I want to say it was around 100 degrees when we landed.  HOT.  Luckily, southern California is equipped with A/C! 
Our first line of business was to go see Gram-E and Bill.  Gram-E came and got us and we headed over to their house for a visit and dinner.  It's always so nice going to visit and see their garden and house.  Brings back so many childhood memories.  The highlight for me was getting Hailey measured on the closet trim.  All the grand kids, and now great grand kids, are measured on the wall.  Now we just need to get Cooper on there and it will be complete :) 

Daddy and Hailey waiting to get on the plane :)
This girl knows how to travel.  Drinking an apple juice watching Tangled.  Doesn't get much better!
 Working on her project from Grandpa Keith
 Landing in Long Beach... like I said.. HOT!
 A stone Gram-E has in her garden for my mom
 Getting the tour!
 Eating an orange from Gram-E's tree... and drinking from the same Disney cup we did as kids :)
 Hailey and Great Gram-E having a chat on the porch, watching for humming birds

Like I said... this girl knows how to travel!

No comments: